Anca Damian is recognised for her committed films. In 2012, she presented her animated documentary Crulic – the Path to Beyond at the Annecy Festival and walked away with the Cristal for Best Feature.
This year, she's back again with her latest venture, Magic Mountain, co-produced by Aparte Film and Arizona Productions.
Adam Jacek Winkler was a Polish refugee in France who fought in Afghanistan alongside Commander Massoud. Sometimes living outside the law, this independent and courageous adventurer was also an artist and mountaineer.
Anca Damian wanted to pay tribute to him and give him a second life. Remaining loyal to her filming technique, she has incorporated archive photos, sketches and films belonging to Jacek Winkler in this animated documentary as collages, watercolours and animated photos.
- Direction: Anca DAMIAN
- Country: Romania, Poland, France
- Production year: 2015
- Running time: 01 h 24 mn
- Version: French ST English
- Category: Feature Film
- Techniques used: Diverse Techniques
- Process: Colour
- Target public: Young Adults, Adults
- Production: ARIZONA PRODUCTIONS, APARTE FILM, FILMOGRAF LTD
- Screenplay: Anca Damian, Ania Winkler
- Animation: Theodore Ushev, Sergiu Negulici, Raluca Popa, Dan Panaitescu, Tomek Ducki
- Music: Alexander Balanescu
- Sound: Frédéric Théry, Sebastian Włodarczyk, Piotr Witkowski
- Editing: Ion Ioachim Stroe
- Voices: Christophe Miossec, Lizzie Brochère