Discover the Annecy Festival, the world’s leading reference for animation film, along with the Mifa, the professional meeting place for the animation industry, and its Festival+ offer for everyone to enjoy.
The Festival: the world's top reference for animation films
Every year, Annecy inspires and rocks the world to the rhythm of animation by highlighting the creative dynamism and richness this sector represents. From exclusive presentations of the latest animated works to demonstrations of the latest and future trends, via meetings with seasoned directors and emerging talents, the Annecy International Animation Festival is an exciting celebration in an exceptional setting.
The International Animation Film Market (Mifa)
For all professionals and teachers in the animation industry, this is the foremost event in terms of co-production, purchasing, selling, financing and distributing content for all broadcasting platforms.
35 years after its creation, the Mifa now welcomes more than 800 international exhibiting companies covering a surface area of more than 7,000m². Located at the Impérial Palace, it also benefits from an online presence since 2020 to encourage even more discussions between participants.
The Mifa is also THE meeting place to discover new talents in animation and discuss about their inspirations and aspirations with them. The Mifa Pitches and Recruitment Sessions enable young creators to have a unique stage to connect with professionals and to cement their projects. Online formats are also proposed so that distance does not prevent new opportunities!
A new offer Festival +
With this redesigned and enhanced formula, you can now benefit from a huge choice of content spread between 3 main axes:
Previews, special programmes, discover the Official Selection, and more. With the Festival+ access a wide range of works that provide a fresh perspective on the world.
Go behind the scenes of how animation works with the Making of, Keynotes, Work in Progress and Studio Focus sessions. Discuss the creative aspects, animation techniques and business during the special conferences and discover how the teams cultivate their inventiveness in their art.
To continue your animated journey, wander around the special temporary exhibitions and go home with autographs from your favourite artists. At nightfall, the Festival continues under the stars with our open-air screenings in all four corners of the town.
CITIA delivers cultural mediation to the public and professionals, bringing social, economic and united values through the medium of animation. This is achieved on a daily basis, as well as through organised events, primarily the Annecy Festival, where its team continually reinforces its eco-friendly approach and genuine actions are employed.
- Carefully organised events: we commit to collaborating with partners and service providers who have strong values, and are locally based where possible, to minimise the outflow.
- Responsible transportation: we encourage participants within the Festival to use our free collective shuttles, bikes, buses or car-sharing as parking spaces are extremely limited at the sites. Our partners at your service are indicated on our website.
- We use recycled paper and ink.
- Reduction of our printed media: discontinuation of our printed brochures and limiting the distribution of flyers on-site
- Since 2014 we have dematerialised our accreditation tickets.
- Selective waste sorting and waste sorting skips at the different event sites, waste paper collection at the exhibition areas and in the screening rooms (even the paper planes are recycled!).
- Development of eco-responsible and reusable promotional objects where possible.